Sunday, June 21, 2009

it's HOT!!

Here we are in the Georgia heat. Georgia heat, especially Atlanta, consists of high heat, soft winds and high humidity. Dalmatians, as most fanciers know are indoor dogs, especially in the heat. The Doos are no exception. I have their crates in my sunroom which is actually the coolest room in the house, but being "velcro dogs" they have to be where I am. More often than not lately, that means at the computer. The computer is in my bedroom, which is one of the warmest rooms in the house. Therefore, all the Doos are in here with me.

Let me give you a current status of the layout of my room. My room consists of a high king size bed with dressers etc and my computer station. Right now, the bed is full. Three dogs, Siren, Lotto and Mira are stretched out on their backs with tongues lolling under the ceiling fan. Naturally this takes up most of the room on the bed. Riggins is hanging out on the leather couch in the living room., destroying a stuffed toy and staying cool. Sunny on the other hand is the problem. My computer station is at the foot of the bed where he loves to sit, resting his head on top of mine facing in the same direction and occasionally reaching over to give a big sloppy wet kiss, which often as not means sliming my glasses. Today however is an exceptionally hot day, 99+ and so Sunny is in his second favorite spot, laying on the air conditioning duct, sleeping with a smile. As you can imagine, while he is cool and comfortable the rest of us are not. I spend hours a day shooing him off the register. Someone suggested putting a table on top, but the duct is in front of sliding glass doors. I'm going to have to come up with a creative way, but in the neantime I have to go get Sunny off the damn duct!!

No comments:

Post a Comment